News // Transportation and storage
Serbia aims to complete building Turkish Stream gas pipeline section by December 15
22 January 2019 , 10:10Neftegaz.RU541
Belgrade, January 22 - Neftegaz.RU. Serbia aims to complete the construction of its section of TurkStream pipeline for transit of Russian natural gas to Europe by December 15, 2019, the head of state-owned monopoly Srbijagas, Dusan Bajatovic, said on Monday, Serbian Seenews reported.
Srbijagas is in talks with financial institutions for securing financing for the project, which is expected to start in the second half of March, Bajatovic said in a video file posted on the YouTube channel of Serbian public broadcaster RTS.
Serbia's Gastrans, the company in charge of the project, has already secured 300 million euro ($341 million) of financing from its shareholders for the construction of the pipeline, Bajatovic said.
Gastrans is 100%-owned by Swiss-based South Stream Serbia, according to data from Serbia's commercial register. Gazprom owns a 51% stake in South Stream Serbia, while Srbijagas holds the remaining 49%.
Gazprom plans to build a string of TurkStream for transit of gas to Europe from Turkey via Bulgaria, Serbia and Hungary. The TurkStream, stretching 930 km across the Black Sea from Russia to Turkey, will consist of 2 parallel strings with annual throughput capacity of 15.75 billion m3 of gas each. One string is intended for consumers in Turkey, while the 2nd will carry gas to customers in Europe.
13:00 25.03.2019Nord Stream 2 pipeline construction on schedule: project company
10:10 20.03.2019Alexey Miller and Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic discuss main areas of cooperation
10:21 11.03.2019Gazprom mulls building up to 4 power plants in Serbia
18:00 22.02.2019Poroshenko: Russia may attack ships of Baltic states after Nord Stream 2 is constructed