News // Companies
ADNOC inks $4 billion deal with US investment companies KKR and BlackRock
25 February 2019 , 13:00Neftegaz.RU345
Abu Dhabi, February 25 - Neftegaz.RU. Adnoc entered into a $4-billion midstream pipeline infrastructure partnership with institutional investors KKR and BlackRock.
As part of the transaction, a newly formed entity called ADNOC Oil Pipelines – Sole Proprietorship – will lease ADNOC’s interest in 18 pipelines, transporting stabilized crude oil and condensate across ADNOC’s offshore and onshore upstream concessions, for a 23-year period.
This collection of 18 pipelines being leased by ADNOC Oil Pipelines has a total length of over 750km, and a total aggregate capacity of approximately 13,000 Mbblpd (gross).
Funds managed by BlackRock and KKR will form a consortium to collectively hold a 40% interest in the entity, while ADNOC will hold the remaining 60% majority stake.
Sovereignty over the pipelines and management of pipeline operations remain with ADNOC. The transaction will result in upfront proceeds of approximately $4 billion to ADNOC and is expected to close in Q3 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and all regulatory approvals.
This transaction marks the 1st time that leading, global institutional investors have deployed capital into key midstream infrastructure assets of a national oil company in the Middle East.
14:14 01.03.2019ADNOC and SKEC signed of agreement to build in the UAE the world’s largest single underground oil storage
12:09 20.02.2019Lukoil Marine Lubricants signs contract with Oman Shipping
10:10 14.02.2019Gazprom neft: Record fishbone built at East-Messoyakha field
14:56 07.02.2019ADNOC awards US 1.36 billion contract for construction of Ghasha concession artificial islands
12:49 28.01.2019ADNOC signs landmark strategic partnership agreements with Eni and OMV in refining and trading